Finance and Operations Internship in Berlin
Our collaborator’s mission is to build a global platform for successful high-volume photography.
They provide photographers with a SaaS system for selling photos online. They already have active customers in 15 different countries on 5 continents and are growing fast. As the market leader in Europe, and achieved profitability in 2015. They’re backed by top investors, including Saarbruecker21, Dr Florian Heinemann and Christian Vollmann.
What’s the business?
They’re disrupting the volume/school photography industry. Our market is huge: 250 million people are photographed in schools and tourism sites in Europe and the US every year. However, the current method for selling photos is analogue and inefficient: paper order forms are handed out, and photos are printed before they’ve been sold. Their innovative E-commerce and CRM system brings this process online. It’s faster, more efficient, and more profitable.
You will be closely working together, with Finance and Operations Manager, by supporting them in the process of internationalisation of their start-up by setting up new finance and controlling processes. Through your direct involvement in their current projects, you’ll gain deep insights along our whole value chain – from the purchasing and cooperation to the payment collection from our customers. Not an easy task, but they support you through expert knowledge!
Current projects that you’ll be a part of immediately:
- Implementation of a payment service provider (PSP) for a marketplace scenario;
- Constantly improvement of our KPI system and reporting;
- Creation and implementation of new pricing models;
- Support for the financial statements;
- Supplier negotiations;
- Setup of costs centres within the company and monthly reporting for the same;
Daily business after setup of certain controlling processes:
- Lab controlling;
- General cost comparison and steering on a monthly basis;
- KPI tracking;
- Administrative tasks and research (e.g. Insurance setups, banking setups etc.);
- You’re currently enrolled in one of the top universities for business or finance;
- You’re a high-achiever with above-average analytical and conceptual abilities, enthusiastic and have the ability to work flexibly and independently;
- You are an expert in Microsoft Office applications and have basic knowledge of database tools e.g. SQL;
- Excellent command of German and English – both written and spoken;
- Experience through internships in e.g. strategic consultancies and/or venture capital firms would be an advantage;
- Exciting responsibilities in an innovative, fast-growing startup;
- High levels of responsibility, and room for you to develop your own ideas and concepts;
- Flat hierarchies with short decision-making processes within a friendly, international team;
- A great office in lovely Prenzlauer Berg;
- Free drinks, healthy snacks, Müsli, and really fun team events;
We connect European students with companies all over Europe.
To apply for this job please visit europe-internship.com.