- * Offered Salary Unpaid
- * Career Level Undergraduate
- * Experience Less than 1 Year
- * Gender Other
- * Qualification Certificate
Situated in Lisbon, our humble team consists of people from all around the world who would like to change society for the better, while sharing the love for surfing. Supporting different perceptions, open-mindset and love for preservation of nature can bring amazing results for humanity and that is why Surfgasm – Lisbon Surf School & Guesthouse Experience was born.
For the past 8 years, we built a network of student residences and guest-houses in Lisbon.
This year we are starting a surfcamp in Costa Caparica. That is why we are looking to complete our team with a super sales manager – to create awesome vibe for our guests by making them having an unforgettable time with us and wanting to experience even more.
You’ll be a valuable asset – to be successful you’ll need to like selling, training, managing and be at the same time friendly and helpful but as well goals-oriented and super organised to be able to transform our company results.
What will you get from us?
Taking on an internship at Surfgasm – Lisbon Surf School & Guesthouse Experience is a great opportunity to gain practical experience in the travel industry, in a truly international environment. On top of the allowance, it really will give you the experience of team-working, expanding your customer care and administration skills and your interpersonal skills. At the end of your internship, you then get to put Surfgasm – Lisbon Surf School & Guesthouse Experience on your resume to help in your future job opportunities.
You will be working with a team where proactivity and positivity are the norms. Your ideas will be always welcomed and you will be able to execute them.
Sales management: Strengthening of sales abilities of the hosts
- Training in all our accommodation the hosts: writing and organising the training (Start and drift the Surfgasm Academy) , monitoring the deployment and keeping track of the after training
- Implanting tools to have and follow training guarantees
- Cowork with the E-Myth department to write down the business development of sales / Using the E-Myth principle, document all procedures, micro-processes, create guides of host-sales position and processes happening in the Surfgasm Academy (which is created by Cleaning and control manager, E-Myth manager and Sales manager)
- Learning Vreasy and then making a training for all company (sales introduction, control…)
- Sales Management (controlling the number of sales being completed on daily basis, delivering the money into the safe, integrate new ways to generate more sales, put monthly objective into practice)
Host management: Participation to the host integration
- Taking part of the host training globally (check-ups on their host abilities and cleaning skills)
- Crysis management – teaching how to act, collect data, manage critical situations
- Check-up and monitor hosts – ability to sell and to host guests / then evaluate and add to their profiles created by the quality control manager
- Weekly meetings with the top management regarding the host current status
- The sales manager will be moving around the city with a bike and a gear delivered from Surfgasm
- Keeping track of the costs control in a clear & transparent way every day (using Dropbox integration and excel file, posting it on daily basis on Trello)
- Delegate, train and integrate appropriate tasks to new people coming in to the project
- Calendar and planner / week upfront
- Fluent in English, other foreign language would be a plus
- Good communication skills (Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with guests/ staff when needed)
- Willingness to learn
- Understanding of the hospitality / tourism sector
- Sociable personality
- Attention to details
- IT, budget and report writing skills.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Excellent communication and ‘people skills’
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure.
Qualities we encourage
- Team Player – it’s important we all get along and create synergistic effect
- Enthusiastic and Results Driven – you need to believe in what you’re doing
- A positive attitude with a focus on qualified results
What we offer
- Adequate support to replenish desired skills to motivated candidates.
- Friendly and amicable multi-cultural environment
- Continuous training possibilities and excellent experience in a fast growing company
- Reinforcement of your language skills and intercultural competencies